There were at least three dew ponds in the area on the ridge near to the 'Ring'
The Western one was restored in 1971 by the Sussex Downsmen.
The Eastern one was damaged by tanks in WW II - click here
from SCM 1931
The third is overgrown and was difficult to locate, being so low down the scarp slope.
These three were all built about 1870 by or with the help of the Goring Family of Wiston House